Windows Embedded Compact 2013 is a streamlined, componentized device operating system that gives developers all the tools they need to create the next generation of intelligent systems solutions. With support for x86 and ARM architectures, Windows Embedded Compact 2013 provides the flexibility and real-time support to help device manufacturers reduce time-to-market while creating easy-to-use, multi-touch intelligent systems that help enterprises improve worker productivity.
Top Features of Windows Embedded Compact 2013
- Ease of development - Familiar tools like Visual Studio and Expression Blend allow you to create attractive and intuitive user interfaces, and bring differentiated devices to market faster than ever before.
- Flexible architecture - Real-time operating system supports an array of hardware requirements and key processor architectures, including x86 and ARM, to power everything from tiny controls to fully automated factories.
- Robust and secure - Improved file-system performance gives companies confidence that their devices will always be available; the one -tier security feature is SDL compliant, with reliable wireless connectivity and networking.
What OEMs Can Do with Windows Embedded Compact 2013
One Trusted Platform
With Windows Embedded Compact 2013, you can develop industry devices within the integrated environment of Platform Builder, to allow adjustments on the hard, real-time operating system while working on specific projects simultaneously. And support for Visual Studio 2012, Expression Blend 5.0 and the .NET Compact Framework 3.9 provides access to the tools that OEMs rely on.
Windows Embedded Compact 2013 also supports the new generation of multi-core processors, ensuring you can get the most out of each device. Windows Embedded Compact 2013 is supported by a 10-year support program from Microsoft, along with the assurance that Windows Embedded Compact 2013 will be available for 15 years from the time it was first released.
Create Differentiated Devices
Windows Embedded Compact 2013 includes a development framework based on XAML and supports a range of ARM and x86. As a result, you have greater flexibility to create devices that match your customers’ specifications. Significant improvements in .NET Compact Framework 3.9 enable flexibility in development with generational garbage collection and dramatic speed improvements. Your devices will give enterprises the ability to seamlessly share content on business networks, as well as network devices. And the introduction of Fast Boot will get businesses to work in no time.
Extend Business Intelligence
Create an experience that helps companies get more done. Windows Embedded Compact 2013 increases opportunities for you to deliver leading intelligent system solutions that meet your customer’s needs – including extending their intelligence to get insights that would otherwise be out of reach. With built-in support for WiFi, Cellcore and Bluetooth technologies, you can easily create a robust, connected intelligent system.
Sample Devices for Windows Embedded Compact 2013
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) – These devices provide the ability to monitor automated processes, such as manufacturing, to safeguard against diminished product quality or equipment breakdowns.
- RFID Scanners – Speed the completion of common tasks such as inventory, shipping and receiving with these devices.
- Medical Devices – Sonograms and other medical devices enable doctors to monitor a baby’s health in utero and send images to researchers in real time via a wireless network.
- GPS Devices – Help people stay on course to their destinations with these navigation devices.
For more information on Windows Embedded Compact 2013, contact
Avnet’s Microsoft Team at MSTeam@avnet.com or (800) 474-3044
or use the Quote Me form at the top of the page.
Move your mouse cursor over the license type to see a brief description. Click the license type for full details. Click a part number to add that part to the Quote Me form above.
Windows Embedded Compact 2013
|License Type||Part Number||Part Description|
|EMBEDDED||T9W-00003||Windows Emb Compact 2013 EMD ESD OEI (Entry) Runtime|
|EMBEDDED||TNA-00028||Windows Emb Compact 2013 EMD ESD OEI (General Embedded) Runtime|
|EMBEDDED||ZH5-00046||Windows Emb Compact 2013 EMD ESD OEI (NR) Runtime|
|EMBEDDED||814-00359||Windows Emb Compact 2013 Toolkit EMD English|