Windows Embedded 8 Industry extends Windows 8 to a range of edge devices across retail, manufacturing, healthcare and any other industries in which powerful line-of-business applications and the ability to perform a specialized function in a secure and reliable way is paramount.
Windows Embedded 8 Industry Top Features
- Visually rich - Deliver immersive experiences through multi-gesture touch interfaces and context-aware applications that are eye-catching and intuitive.
- Easy to develop - Deploy device peripherals that are plug-n-play, update peripherals more easily, and decrease support costs through streamlined integration with an open device driver architecture based on industry standards.
- Targeted and consistent - Provide a consistent user experience with advanced lockdown features; the fixed platform provides a consistent and predictable development experience, and a high degree of application compatibility.
- Secure and reliable - Protect the integrity of the device by securing and encrypting hardware, supporting a range of antimalware solutions, and ensuring the device restarts and acts the same way every time.
Things OEMs can do with Windows Embedded 8 Industry
One Trusted Platform
The next generation of Windows Embedded POSReady, Windows Embedded 8 Industry represents an ideal solution for industry devices that utilize powerful line-of-business applications. The new name reflects an expanded focus on supporting not just Point of Service (POS) scenarios, but the entire range of devices that power organizations in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and any other industry that requires the ability to perform a specialized function in a secure, reliable and customizable way.
With Windows Embedded 8 Industry, OEMs can build the next generation of industry-specific devices that easily and seamlessly integrate into the entire suite of Microsoft technologies, providing a rich new source of information that can be deployed, managed and secured by IT using existing skill sets.
Create Differentiated Devices
Windows Embedded 8 Industry is a fixed platform to create and build specialized device experiences, while delivering an immersive user interface through multi-touch and gesture input. Windows 8 Industry-based devices can allow for a consistent, connected architecture from the device layer to back-end software and services, unlocking new streams of information for analysis and insight for customers across multiple industries, including retail, manufacturing and healthcare.
Extend Business Intelligence
Windows Embedded 8 Industry allows for easy connectivity to on-premise and cloud-based IT assets, enabling devices to deliver business-critical information at the point of impact. By connecting specialized industry devices to enterprise applications, servers and cloud services, OEMs can deliver industry devices that participate in an enterprise’s intelligent system and help them realize new value from their IT assets, such as more accurate forecasts, dynamic pricing models, a better understanding of their customers, targeted promotional offers and increased efficiency—using the same Microsoft technologies that enterprise IT professionals already know.
Sample Devices for Windows Embedded 8 Industry
- POS terminals – Connecting these devices to back-end software and systems has become a requirement for competitive retailers today.
- ATMs – A reliable, straightforward methods for customers to withdraw or deposit money and check on available funds.
- Automated manufacturing solutions – Increase efficiency and gain greater insight into plant conditions, supply-chain levels and product quality with automated solutions for manufacturing.
- Medical devices – Sonograms and other medical devices enable doctors to monitor a baby’s health in utero and send images to researchers in real-time via a wireless network.
For more information on Windows Embedded 8 Industry, contact
Avnet’s Microsoft Team at MSTeam@avnet.com or (800) 474-3044
or use the Quote Me form at the top of the page.
Move your mouse cursor over the license type to see a brief description. Click the license type for full details. Click a part number to add that part to the Quote Me form above.
Windows Embedded 8 Industry
|License Type||Part Number||Part Description|
|EMBEDDED||5JV-00032-1PK||Win Embedded 8 Industry Pro EMB ESD OEI Runtime|
|EMBEDDED||5JV-00036-1PK||Win Embedded 8 Industry Pro Retail EMB ESD OEI Runtime|